The brief excerpt below is from the book; 50 Interviews: Entrepreneurs Thriving in Uncertain Times. The award winning 300 page book includes exclusive interviews with over 50 successful entrepreneurs in a variety of industries.
1. Uncover a consuming passion. The more you share, the stronger it becomes. Similar to an addiction, they can’t turn it off and it rarely feels like work.
2. Define an impersonal goal. You have discovered a purpose greater than yourself. You do it despite the money. It’s more about the impact on other people than on you.
3. Learn to Embrace Risk. Entrepreneurs see risk as dashing into the future with hope and the possibility to move closer towards their impersonal goal. Many have shared that once they accept the worst possible outcome, they feel empowered to take action.
4. Emulate to Learn, Innovate to Earn. Emulating is a great way to get onto the field, but all great accomplishment in the world has stemmed from someone doing something different. Eventually, you need to blaze your own trail and innovate to find success.
5. Develop an ability to shift perspective. You will no doubt face many challenges and set backs along the way. The key to not letting those setbacks impact you lies in your ability to shift your perspective and see the circumstances from a different light. Faith is at the root of one’s ability to shift perspective. A Faith comes from overcoming earlier setbacks, knowing that in the end, everything works itself out, one way or another!
Whether or not you consider yourself an entrepreneur, I firmly believe that we can all find greater fulfillment in our lives by applying these 5 laws. If you would like to check out the 300 page book 50 Interviews: Entrepreneurs Thriving in Uncertain Times, I invite you to visit http://www.50entrepreneurs.com